Sunday, July 10, 2016

serenity prayer

Blessed virgin, I've been eating roses
By your hedge grow. Mother
Mary in the morning
cutting crusts from salad plates -


you are the reason for my opalescence. 
I've spun the rug of crumpled wrappers 
and they shine like supernovas on your oyster shells -
coral-hot, they glisten. I am satiated
in your stark iridescence 


and you dress me in moonlight. A bride
of sweet, sweet apathy,
arrayed in spotless dishrag rays
I crumble, awed by your simplicity. 


You've crowned me in apple peels. 

Appoggiaturas unapologetic, we worship in wavelengths 
together, fourteen and trembling 
and skinny in our unburnt skin. Bless 


our fast, we pray
and coalesce my meal to your devotion. All these strings 
hung from your fingers strum me,
vilified -
a song of orcas
underneath an oil-spilled shore.


Dear Mother, you enthrone me 
in your loveliness eternally. May
canopies of full disclosure 
rest upon the both of us tonight 
as operatic crickets mourn 
the loss of freedom's breakfast. 


No comments:

Post a Comment